We are delighted to welcome you to your course with Harvard Business School Online. Before you start, we wanted to remind you of the requirements for earning a certificate in this course. These requirements are more than just policies—they are expectations that reinforce the goals and design of our courses. In committing to them, you are committing to staying on track, learning the course materials, and engaging with the community of your fellow participants.
Certificate of Completion Requirements
To earn the Certificate of Completion, you must meet all of the following requirements:
Participants who fail to meet the program requirements will not receive a Certificate of Completion and will not be eligible to retake the program
- All modules, assignments and exercises (if applicable) must be completed by their deadlines as indicated on the course calendar. We are strict about our deadlines! They keep you on track to completing on time, and they support interaction with your peers by concentrating participants in the same module together.
- Be sure to review your calendar in detail by navigating to the “My Calendar” Tab on your main dashboard, and watch for our email reminders of upcoming deadlines.
- All work must be your own and in your own words. We do not tolerate plagiarism (i.e., cutting and pasting text from the internet as your answer). If you utilize an outside source to support your answer to a question, please cite that source.
- We expect you to provide thoughtful responses to questions in the course. Skipping questions by providing cursory responses, not responding to all parts of a question, or simply putting in filler text is disrespectful to your peers and does not count as full participation.
- Engage with your peers! We expect you to support social learning in the course by offering feedback on others’ reflections and contributing to conversations in Peer Help.
. Please note that no grades are assigned for this course—you will either be evaluated as Complete or Not Complete.
Look for an email from us outlining these requirements in greater detail. We send this email on the first day of the course, so be sure to check your email and let us know if you haven’t received it within 24 hours of your first day.
Deadline Policy Exceptions and Technical Requirements
Harvard Business School Online may make exceptions to our deadline polices on a case-by-case basis. We may consider exceptions as part of a disability accommodation or in cases of extreme life circumstances. Please review our Policy Exceptions Page
before moving forward in the course.We will not consider exceptions for events such as vacations, conflicting professional obligations, time zone changes, time zone miscalculations, or local technical issues. If you know you are in or will be traveling through an area with limited internet connectivity, we expect you to plan ahead to still meet our deadlines.
If you wish to request an exception, please reach out to us at [email protected]
as soon as possible, and no later than two weeks from your event. We will then work with you to determine the available options given your progress in your course and the amount of time until your course ends.
In order to access the HBS Online course platform, an internet-connected desktop or notebook computer running either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser is required. Tablet computers and smartphones are not supported for programs on the course platform at this time. A broadband internet connection is highly recommended to access the rich media in the program.By selecting “Continue”, you re-acknowledge that you have read and understand guidelines for earning a Certificate of Completion, when we make exceptions, and our technical requirements.
Are you ready to learn? HBS Online is waiting.